Monday, May 6, 2013

50's Movie Review...It Came From Outer Space!

Circa 1953...It Came From Outer Space!


This is one of those classics I have been meaning to see for ages but never got around to, lucky for me it was on TCM not too long ago! I'm not big on science fiction films but 50's sci-fi has something extra that today's movies of the same genre just seem to lack-the mystery. They didn't have fancy CGI or effects, so it was left up to your mind to imagine the worst possible scenario, which is often far more frightening then anything they could show you! 
And can you imagine seeing it in 3-D as advertised in the trailer? How fun would that have been?!
50's sci-fi films movies 1950's actor actress aliens 3-D


50's sci-fi films movies 1950's actor actress aliens I'm not sure if it's leading lady Ellen's (played by the beautiful Barbara Rush) perfect hair and outfits, or the chemistry between her and love-interest, leading man John (Richard Carlson), but this movie is just a kick, I loved it!
Ellen and John are the only ones clued into the fact that some of the townspeople are acting a little... strange lately (could it have anything to do with that "meteor" they saw the other night?). Problem is, no one will believe them! Could it really be that aliens have taken over? Will they be able to convince the sheriff before it's too late?
50's sci-fi films movies 1950's actor actress aliens
Guess you'll just have to watch for yourselves and find out! ;) 

Till next time darlings!


5 comments:

  1. OMG. You are so funny. I can hear your voice as I read this! Hahaha! That last black and white pic. IS. A. RIOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha glad you liked it ;) Thank you as always for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Well I'm sold :D I will have to put this on my to watch list! Another great post m'dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Let me know what you think once you watch it, I think you'll like it!! Thanks for reading Sis!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete